All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. --Havelock Ellis

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cape Town: A Very Boring Post

Well everybody, I'm more than halfway done with my journalism residency. I fly back to the US a month from Thursday. Crazy stuff.

This past week was work, work, work. I had stories run on three out of five days that I was working though, which was fantastic. The Ultimate Frisbee story ran on Monday, and I did a story on rising petrol prices that required a lot of math. And I was very proud of the end result--it ran with five pictures and a graph on page 3!! I even got a condescending email from a reader who was unhappy with it, so that means people are reading my work! I'll take what I can get.

Zach's birthday was on Wednesday and we celebrated that at his favorite bar in Cape Town. No impressive shenanigans ensued, so sorry for the lack of funny stories. Happy 21st Zach!

The last story I did this week was on a restaurant called The Test Kitchen that just won a spot on the list of 100 Best Restaurants in the world, so that was a cool little story. It's a very experimental kitchen--the owner is opening up a new premises that is just a lab for him to experiment with food--and I want to go eat at the restaurant before I leave.

More or less, that's it--not a whole lot to report (no pun intended). Just a lot of story-writing and hanging out with my fellow interns. Sorry that my life was so boring, doesn't make for a very good blog post...

1 comment:

  1. Yay for graphs! Haha I'm glad that people are reading your stuff too, you know, other than myself.

    ReplyDelete