All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on. --Havelock Ellis

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cincinnati: Welcome back my friends, to the show that never ends

Hey everybody! If you're new to this blog, it's essentially a chronicle of my ridiculous adventures in foreign countries--the posts that precede this one are from my Uganda trip. I lived in a Ugandan village called Kakira for two months and worked at an NGO that cared for patients with malaria and HIV/AIDS and vaccinated young children against various diseases.

Now I'm off to South Africa for 10 weeks to work at a newspaper in Cape Town--the Cape Times. I am actually a journalism major, so this is an area I have experience in already. Whether I'm going to be any good at this job remains to be seen, however.

I'm leaving on a plane tomorrow afternoon--first from Cincinnati to Detroit, then Detroit to Amsterdam, then Amsterdam to Johannesburg. It'll be long, but hopefully everything will go smoothly (I'm flying KLM again, and for those of you who remember the Uganda Odyssey, you'll understand that I'm a bit nervous). Speaking of those who remember my former adventures, I want to thank everyone who kept up with me while I was abroad last summer. From those who actively commented on my posts to those who kept me in their thoughts during the tough times, I am incredibly grateful and surprised that you found my blog worth it. I hope I can continue to deliver.

My next post will probably happen when I get to Joburg, unless I'm stuck in Amsterdam for a while. I should probably go finish packing...or I could just play video games. Tough choice.

1 comment: